Ember Lab is looking for a Quality Assurance Tester for an Action Adventure game. You will work with Production, Design, Programming and Animation Teams to ensure the quality of our project.
At Ember Lab, you will have the opportunity to work in a small team environment where you can make a critical impact on a unique unannounced project. We’re a small new game studio local to Orange County, with some of our past work showcased here.
While your primary role will be drive quality assurance, ideal candidates will have the flexibility to branch out to other areas of game development and have the ability to assist the development team in Unreal.
- Manage testing builds of game and complete regular health checks
- Maintain bug database including generating and regressing bugs
- Create and maintain test cases and other QA documentation
- Collaborate with team to route bugs and communicate status through Bug Reviews
- Provide feedback for the development team for player experience and usability
- Interface and manage an external QA team
- Create and maintain save games for testing
- Assist with playtesting management
- Generate Known Issues Lists for milestone deliveries
- Maintain a strong understanding of our game design and features
- Support on quick gameplay fixes
- Opportunity to explore areas of interest in game development beyond QA
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills across disciplines to ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborates well with all the disciplines on the team and welcomes constructive criticism.
- Be self-motivated and work collaboratively in a small studio environment.
- Passion for Action-Adventure games
- Experience with Unreal
- Interest in film and animation
- 2+ years experience in Quality Assurance
- Experiencing with shipping on PC and Consoles
- Proficient in Jira, Confluence and Jenkins
Please send resumes to contact [at] emberlab [dot] com.